ಕನ್ನಡ ರಾಜ್ಯೋತ್ಸವದ ಶುಭಾಶಯಗಳು.
The Lunar Month Karthika (Karthika Maasa) begins on 4th November which is Padya (First Day) of Shukla Paksha (Fortnight following New Moon). The Mondays of Karthika maasa is auspicious and special pooja is performed in Sri Srikanteshwara (Nanjundeshwara) Temple in Nanjangud and celebrated as Karthika Somavaara.
The first Karthika Monday is coinciding with first day of lunar month Karthika, celebrated as Bali Padyami, which is one of the 3 days of Deepavali (Diwali / Danteras) festival.
This year there are 5 Karthika Somavaraas and the dates are as follows :
- First Karthika Somavaara : 4th November, 2013.
- Second Karthika Somavaara : 11th November, 2013.
- Third Karthika Somavaara : 18th November, 2013.
- Fourth Karthika Somavaara : 25th November, 2013.
- Fifth Karthika Somavaara : 2nd December, 2013 (Amaavasya, New Moon Day), Panchalinga Darshana at Talakad, Tirumakudalu Narsipura Taluk.
Information about Sri Srikanteshwara Temple, Nanjangud can be found at Nanjangud Temple page in Nanjangud Info Website.